Technical Designer/Draftsperson APPLY NOW
LaHarpe’s Office Furniture is looking for a Technical Designer/Draftsperson to join the team. This person will support the sales staff in specifying, producing layouts and renderings on varying sized projects. They will also troubleshoot IT issues and help manage the website. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Demonstrate computer skills, with emphasis in AutoCAD, CAPS2020 and CET.
- Specify systems furniture, casegoods, soft seating, and floor to ceiling partitions.
- Produce Bill of Materials and quote products based on layouts you designed.
- Produce client furniture packets of layouts and renderings for presentations
- Coordinate and participate with onsite installation.
- Must be able to multitask, including handling multiple projects concurrently.
- Must maintain a good, professional relationship with sales staff and clients.
- Must have strong communication skills and be able to work well in teams.
- Troubleshoot IT issues (i.e. wifi connectivity, software/program errors, etc.)
- Manage and update website (i.e. add products, stay up to date on manufacturer price increase to maintain correct pricing, etc.)
Job Qualifications and Desired Experience
- Entry to Mid Level
- Full Time (Monday-Friday 8am-5pm)
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, CAPS2020, and CET (Photoshop would be a plus)
- Ability to learn specific furniture lines, as needed
- Ability to understand space and know ADA compliance laws
- Bachelor’s degree or degree from a CIDA accredited school a plus, but not required
- Applicable experience in commercial design, drafting, web design a plus, but not required